Terms & Conditions
Membership management services provided by Harlands Services Ltd – HELPLINE – 01444 449 166 / email@example.com / 2nd Floor Rockwood House, 9-17 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 3TW. Reg. in England No. 2982925 VAT Reg. No. GB 799711370
1. This agreement is an agreement between you, us and Harlands Services Ltd (“Harlands”). This agreement commences once we countersign the
2. Your membership starts immediately.
3. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of Membership chosen, subject to your timely payment of the fees and charges set out below and the successful processing of your direct debit instruction.
4. Harlands provides direct debit payment services to you and administers our agreement with you, in consideration for which you agree to pay all the fees and charges associated with your Membership and set out below to Harlands.
Fees and Charges
5. The Joining Fee / Initial Payment is due and payable immediately on execution of the agreement and is not refundable other than in the event of breach or negligence by us.
6. Your obligations to Harlands include payment of the Direct Debit Payment Amount. You are obligated to make the “Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments” stated with the first one being paid on the 1st Direct Debit Payment Date and then every month thereafter. You are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment regardless of non attendance, except where the Agreement is cancelled in accordance with the cancellation terms below.
7. If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay Harlands on demand (i) an initial administration fee of £25; and (ii) any and all further reasonable costs incurred by Harlands in recovering the due fees and charges from you, including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us. Harlands’ right to recover these fees and costs shall be in addition to and without limitation of our rights or those of Harlands which may exist notwithstanding the terms of our Agreement.
8. You agree to advise us promptly of any change to the Members Details provided.
9. If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then we or Harlands may pass the debt to a third party company for collection. In addition to any costs and charges Harlands may be entitled to under clause 7, the reasonable and direct costs incurred in employing the third party company will be borne by you including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us.
10. Once you have completed the Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments we will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit Payment Amount every month. Your membership will be extended by one month for each payment (“Renewal Period”). This renewal Direct Debit payment amount may only be amended if we advise you in writing giving not less than 30 days notice. Please note if your membership included the benefit of a free period then we will stop making collections during that free period and recommence making collections on the renewal date.
11. You may prevent the Automatic Renewal at any time by giving notice to our Helpline (you should give us not less than 30 days notice). When the final minimum period payment has been taken you should also cancel your Direct Debit mandate directly with your bank.
12. Once you have completed the Minimum Number of Direct Debit payments you can cancel your Automatic Renewal payments by contacting our Helpline (you should give us not less than 30 days notice). After the final payment has been taken you should also cancel your Direct Debit mandate directly with your bank.
13. Relocation: This agreement can be cancelled in the event that your new permanent address is more than 15 miles away from the facility upon receipt of a copy utility bill or bank statement showing the new address.
14. Long term (over 3 month) illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for 3 months or longer upon appropriate proof being provided.
15. Redundancy: This agreement can be cancelled upon appropriate proof of redundancy from your employer or other loss of livelihood.
16. Pregnancy: This agreement can be cancelled if you become pregnant upon the appropriate written proof being given. Please note – ANY Cancellation for the above reasons will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by Harlands or the Club.
17. Breach: This agreement can be cancelled if we are in breach of contract including if we do not provide facilities or services you may reasonably expect and we have fallen well below that standard.
18. Temporary Illness or Injury: This agreement may be frozen in the event of a temporary illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for a period of time.
Please note – ANY Freeze will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by Harlands or the Club.
Please note – A freeze period does not affect the Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments you are due to make and any payments remaining at the time of the freeze will remain due and recommence on a monthly basis once the freeze period has completed.
19. You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the Club and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided we give you reasonable advance notice of the change.
20. If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
21. We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced. You may transfer your membership to another person provided that such person pay a Joining Fee signs an agreement with us and accepts the balance of any remaining Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments.
22. We will do our best to resolve any disputes over this agreement. If you wish to take court proceedings against us you must do so within the United Kingdom. Relevant UK law will apply.
23. If any part of this agreement is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply
24. We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the Clubs Rules (i.e. Stealing or other criminal activities within the facility). In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit Payments, provided such breach is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
IMPORTANT – Use of your Information
The information held about you by Credit Reference Agencies may be linked to records relating to any person with whom you are linked financially. Read the “Use of Associated records” below before you sign.
We may instruct a third party company to search your records at Credit Reference Agencies who will add a “Footprint” of this search to their record about you. This “Footprint” will not be seen by other organisations that make searches. This and other information about you and those with whom you are linked financially may be used to make decisions about credit and credit related services such as insurance for you and members of your household, trace debtors and recover debt.
Please telephone us on 01444 449 166 if you want to have details of those Credit Reference Agencies from whom we obtain information about you. You have a legal right to these details.
You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you if you apply to us in writing. A fee will be payable.
Use of Associated Records
We may search records at Credit Reference Agencies which may be linked to records relating to your spouse/partner or other persons with whom you are linked financially and other members of your household. For the purposes of this agreement, you may be treated as financially linked and you will be assessed with reference to “associated” records.